MeetMe has over 100 million users globally
As a free member, you have access to chat services, the MeetMe live stream service, and profile creation
- Usability: MeetMe has abandoned focusing on the desktop site and puts more emphasis on the mobile app
- Prices: The monthly subscription costs 9.40 AUD
- Special Features : MeetMe live, Battles, Secret admirer, Questions
- Security: There seems to be many fake accounts on this platform
MeetMe Sign in/Sign up
MeetMe is both a social media platform and a dating site, and different people sign up for different reasons. It is, therefore, among platforms that can be considered to be free social network dating sites.
Getting an account on this site is an easy and fast process – it takes less than 2 minutes. Only basic information is need when signing up. Details needed include your name, email address, gender, and zip or postal code. Once you finish registration, you are taken directly to the dashboard. In addition, you’ll get instant featured matches after a successful registration.
MeetMe does not have a strict requirement for members to upload a photo when signing up. You can always put it up later or leave it blank. Having a photo will increase your chances of finding your preferred partner on the site.
MeetMe has a large user base, guaranteeing you to meet multiple matches within minutes of signing up. The United States has the highest number of users – 50,000,000 members. Australia has over 450,000 members; the dating service has over 100 million users globally.
The membership structure is diverse. You’ll meet singles across various age groups and from different backgrounds. Because the site is also a social network, the minimum age for joining the platform is 13 years. When searching for dating partners on the platform, one of the most important parameters to use is an age to avoid contact with minors. There are more males than females on the website – 60% men compared to 40% women.
It is also important to find out what a member is looking for. Because it is both a social network and a dating site, there are varying interests and goals. However, the site is not ideal for anyone who is looking for a serious relationship.
Matchmaking on MeetMe
MeetMe has an efficient search filter that you can use to access profiles of specific members quickly. You can filter users by gender, age range, location, and sexual preference. You can also search for people who are currently online. MeetMe also automatically generates matches for you based on your profile.
The site has a great feature for matching users. The name of this feature is QuickPick; it is like Tinder’s swipe feature. You can either like or skip a profile and consequently create matches. You can then start chatting or messaging these matches.
MeetMe has a free chat function. It means all the over 100 million people on the platform can communicate with members that they like. However, this also means that you may receive unwanted messages from other users.
If you try out the dating game and you will find it to be one of the most fun ways of interacting with other members. “Blind Date” is a game that involves two participants. Through live stream video, you get to interact with another member, but they can’t see you, and you can’t see them. The more you interact through the video, your images – both yours and your ‘date’ – become less and less blurred. The images are fully revealed at the end of the allocated time. You and your ‘date’ can decide if you want to make a match and proceed with the conversation privately.
This dating site doesn’t ask much from members. The website asks for your name, age, relationship status, sexual preference, and location. As a result, profiles are not detailed. There is a biography section where members can write about themselves, but that’s all.
Your profile at MeetMe is visible to the public by default. It is common with many social network sites. You can change the settings and only allow your friends at MeetMe to see your profile and pictures.
There are no strict guidelines against fake profiles on this platform. As such, there are quite a number of fake accounts on the site. Singles looking for other singles for dating should also be aware of minors on the platform because the minimum age requirement to join the site is 13 years. You should filter members first by age when looking for a partner.
MeetMe App Review
This social network and dating site has a mobile app. Based on various MeetMe app reviews, the mobile app looks and works better than the desktop site. In addition, there are app-only features that are not available on the desktop site. Desktop users, therefore, miss out on some of these fun features.
The MeetMe app is available on both Google Play Store and App Store. This app is compatible with iOS and Android operating systems. The app has a 3.9/5 star rating at Google Play Store and a 4.3/5 star rating on the App Store.
Design and Usability
Although the desktop design looks outdated, the mobile app has better aesthetics. The desktop site looks like the older Facebook design. While Facebook has revamped its design into a modern look, the MeetMe desktop site has not. It seems that MeetMe has abandoned focusing on the desktop site and puts more emphasis on the mobile app, which has a modern design and clean look.
- MeetMe live: This is a streaming service. You can use this feature to go live and interact with other users who join the stream. Viewers of your live stream can send gifts in the form of diamonds. The streamers can convert these diamonds into real cash or credits. You can invite friends to the stream to make it popular.
- Battles: This is a feature within the MeetMe live feature. Through battles, two live streamers and their audience participate in a competition. There are categories for the battles as well as time limits. The streamer that receives the most diamonds is the winner of the battle.
- Secret admirer: It is a fun game that members play to meet and match other platform users. The feature sends you a notification that you have a secret admirer. However, you are not told who the secret admirer is. Instead, you’re shown several pictures of different people at the same time, and you have to make a guess who your secret admirer is. You have a maximum of 5 guesses, and if you don’t get it right, the notification for the secret admirer disappears.
- Questions: This is a feature that makes it easy to start conversations. If you have no clue on how to start a conversation, use the questions feature. It simply asks other members a question, and if they’re interested, they’ll answer your question. These questions are sent anonymously. Your identity is only revealed if the recipient answers your question.
- TikTok integration: MeetMe allows you to integrate your account with TikTok. Other users will see your TikTok videos from the app.
- QuickPick: This feature is only available on the mobile app. The feature works similarly to Tinder’s swipe feature. If you see someone you like, you can show interest.
- Video chat: You can have live video chats with a member who is hosting a live video stream. Other users on the stream will see your video feed in the top corner.
Security and Support
There seems to be many fake accounts on this platform. It is because there is no verification when a new member is signing up. You should therefore take personal precautions. In addition, you can report fake accounts on the site.
Costs and Prices
You can use MeetMe as a free user or as a premium member. As a free member, you have access to chat services, the MeetMe live stream service, and profile creation. Registration is also free. In order to browse profiles anonymously, you’ll have to upgrade your account. Other premium features include decorating your profile with a profile theme, seeing people who viewed your pictures and the specific pictures they viewed, removing Ads, getting your messages shown first on other members’ inbox, and accessing more search filters. You can upgrade your account through the following plans:
1 month at 6.99 USD
3 months at 16.99 USD
6 months at 24.99 USD
250 credits at 2.99 USD
500 credits at 4.99 USD
625 credits at 9.99 USD
2,000 credits at 14.99 USD
3,700 credits at 24.99 USD
It is easy to cancel your MeetMe subscription. It’s also easy to close your account. To close your account, go to settings, select “Account,” and then click the “Deactivate Account” link.
This platform is both a social network and a dating site. It means you can gain a lot from it. You can make new friends, connect with professionals, and still find some singles for dates. One of the limitations is that there are minors on the platform, but you can use the search filters to look for adult singles. MeetMe is a platform that you can give a try, especially because of the large user base, increasing your chances of finding a match.
Where can I download the app?
You can download the MeetMe app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Can I use this platform for free?
Yes, you can use MeetMe for free, both the desktop and app versions. However, the app version has extra features you have to pay for.
Is MeetMe a dating service?
This platform is a hybrid between a social network and a dating site and not exclusively a dating service.